Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ack, how to have the bank account take a beating!

This month has been hard on the pocket book. First Buck had to go to the vet.... twice... for that thing on his face. That was 180 total for both visits. (this is why I love my vet.) Next up is car registration, I have just plum forgot about it and I need to go get it done. So there is 250 out the door. Next up is our gym membership which I forgot to change my credit card on...... goodbye 100 bucks. I need to pay my dentist, 70 bucks. Then all of our other monthly bills. Sigh. Thankfully Buck's bills are getting paid off through working at AutoZone. I did tell Joe that we are eating our blow money this month and whatever extra he makes at work needs to go into the account. He's not happy about it, but understands it. Thank god next month I can work full time! Then we need to pay for my school, which is 3800 bucks. Ouch. We need to cash in a mutual fund we have been saving for that. Need to cash in another mutual fund to fund our savings (don't really need that fund anymore)

Thankfully the other mutual funds have all been converted to Roth IRA's, including Joe's traditional IRA. Our goal there is to get an IRA open for me in December, granted we get our savings built up to our 10k goal, which if the spending of bills on stupid crap stops, we should have no problem doing.

My plan in August is to work as much as freaking humanely possible. Since I won't have school to slow me down I should be able to work every single Sat and or Sun that month. Which will be nice and go into savings. I will be so burnt out by the time this is all said and done. But in December when I finish my fall semester, we have our 10k in the bank, and we are finally able to focus on paying off the house, it will totally be worth it. It's just a daunting task to start out at.

This post should have gone in my debt thread, but eh, I just post here more often. And besides, we don't have any other debt but the house. Which we hope to have paid off in 5 years. *crosses fingers*

No comments: