Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Short update

I realize that I haven't posted on here a whole lot lately. That has a lot to do with just life always getting in my way. Silly life trying to make my adult life busy!

I'm in a precious balance right now of time management and absolute chaos. Sometimes I just want to say eff it all and sit down and do nothing. The problem with that though is that nothing gets done if I do that. So, I have to somehow find the motivation to keep moving forward. Which, I will admit, right now is beyond hard. Hell, last week we had two days of eating dinner while standing looking at each other.

I know I'm just bitching a little but it's all I can do. This weekend is already chock full of things to do. I hate that. Oh well.. enough bitching...

Lucille is growing like a weed and she is quite the happy baby. I can't believe she is almost 8 months old! That's 4 more months of buying formula and then she's onto pure solid food. That is absolutely insane to me. She's crawling around now so now I have to keep my floors extra clean (add that to my list of things I must do at least 4-5 times a week) and I gotta make sure her two retarded brothers don't step on her.

Memphis is doing just fine. Rode on Sunday for the first time in October. Was nice. He has such a big motor but I did notice some tail swishing at his wanna be refusals. I rode in split reins this time around so I could back up my commands if needed. I only needed to show him once.

My seat is still not where I want it to be, but that will come back with time. I feel bad for Memphis as I know he has to be like "mom what are you doing up there!". I'm back to where I was at the end of my lesson days, but my seat isn't as secure as it was right before I got pregnant and I was riding a few times a week. Oh well, haven't fallen off *yet*. (I know I just somehow doomed myself in the eyes of the horse gods who are laughing at me right now)

Brought my saddle with me again today. Plan on getting the poles set up in the arena and doing some more leg work and neck reining in. He is starting to put it all together. It's slow moving but he is learning. That's all I can ask of him. It's boring mundane work... push with leg, neck rein, then direct rein. I'd like to just neck rein or just my legs to guide him and get away from direct reining.

My big dumb idiot that is actually quite smart!

No comments: