Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The turns this blog is now gonna take

Ok, well, now I guess I'm gonna talk about babies and horses. How I'm going to juggle these two things I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure I can figure it out.

Memphis needs the farrier.... bad. I picked his hooves the other day for the first time in a while. I usually just pick them up and do a quick look over each one and if they need picking they get picked, if not then I don't. Holy cow his feet grow fast in the 8 weeks since his last trim! I figured he would be wearing em down just a little since he has been outside so much but it seems to be making it worse. They're chipped, have some chunks coming out, and are misshapen. The farrier comes tomm, so hopefully Memphis will behave this time around. I will also breathe a sigh of relief that they don't look like a hot mess anymore.

In other news... it is still mid 90's here in KY. I'm not riding in that. I did take my saddle with me on Sunday with full intentions to ride my horse. The 20 minutes it took me to groom Memphis I was covered in sweat. Decided that riding probably isn't a good idea since I was also really upset to my stomach on top of being hot. Next week it's supposed to be mid 80's. It's fair game next week!

I want to go back over with him giving to pressure and continue to work on leg aids. Since I'm doing legs at a walk, I'm pretty sure I can ride like this until he gets it. It was *starting* to click with him when I was riding him before so I'm hoping he didn't forget much between next week and when I last rode him.

Saw the doctor yesterday and no heartbeat yet. I am just going into 10 weeks, soooooo it's a little too early to pick it up on the monitor. That's cool, it'll come at my next one I would suspect.

No comments: