Sunday, April 29, 2012

FINALLY a Memphis post!

I swear, EVERY time I have been see Memphis lately I've been saying "I'm gonna ride today!" Then I get out there and I have Lucille and she flips out about something and I am left tending to her. It's no big deal, I love her to pieces, so it makes no difference to me, but a small piece of me needs to be on my horse.

I am proud to say that I got on yesterday! Here is a rundown of yesterdays 2 hour stint with my big idiot:

Started with grooming first. He was perfectly fine, but I expected no less.

Then we went out to the arena and we did some lunging work, which again he was really really good at. I noticed horse flies buzzing all around him so I decided to fly spray him after saddling.

Ok, this is cool, he took to saddling like a pro. Good boy. So then I got the fly spray out and we are back to square one from last year. Except this time it took me 30 minutes of fighting as opposed to an hour like I did last year. Woot! He finally stood still at the end, unhappy, but still.

Hopped up on him and he was perfect! Didn't really want to gait, but that was OK as I was only going to spend 15 minutes on him really. Just wanted to feel him out. I plan on going back out there one day this week and again this weekend to ride again. He has completely forgotten leg aids, but that's perfectly fine. Some poles will fix that right up.

I love my giant donkey. Really really love him. He is going to be Lucille's horse and I think he will do just fine :)


No comments: