Sunday, June 24, 2012

Cornbread!

As Joe says every time I make cornbread "ain't nothin wrong with that!"

I use a coffee cup to measure.... I know slightly unorthodox... but the ratios would be the same if you used a regular measuring cup.

Note that using a standard size coffee cup makes enough to fill a 13x9 cake pan.

1 coffee cup of yellow cornmeal
2 coffee cups of all purpose flour
3/4 coffee cup of sugar
2 tabl baking powder
1/2 teas salt
4 eggs
1.5 coffee cup of milk
1/4 cup of butter

Pretty basic here, mix all dry ingredients, melt the butter, and then add all the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix well and cook on 420F for about 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.

This cornbread is exactly as I like it. Sweet, moist, and with the grittiness of the corn. I LOVE this. Took me 6 tries to get here, but it was worth it.

Give it a shot!



No comments: