Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Neglect

No, not animal neglect you silly people! Blog neglect! It's been horrid! I've been busy! And I don't have a single picture to show for it!!!!

Lets run down a list of stuff I've got going on.....

Buck:

He is the wonder dog. I mean really. How a 3 year old mutt gets so many issues while our 13 year old hasn't been to the vet at all outside of yearly shots is beyond me. So, Buck had this spot on the side of his face which I assumed was a hot spot. Mkay. I was going to shave it and then put cortisone cream on it. Buck would not let me shave it at all. So all I could do was wash it really well and then put the cream on it. 4 days later it wasn't any better and was actually getting worse.

The the vet! The vet told me he would like to put him to sleep, shave his whole head, work the infection out, and then give him back. But since I took Buck in on Friday and the vet wouldn't be back till Tuesday (holiday), we would take a different approach....

2 BIG shots of cortisone, 1 package of prednisone, and 1 package of antibiotics to fight the infection later, Bucks head is FINALLY looking better. He's on the medicine for another week and I will have to say he doesn't look like a zombie anymore. The peeling flesh has stopped. The doctor said it looked like a bug bite gone horribly wrong. Oh Buck.

Poison Ivy:

Joe and I both have a case of the ivy..... and it itches.... holy shit. His is much worse than mine, covering almost every limb, ok every limb. He doesn't have that many you know. I woke up last night in an itching fit. Sigh. My problem is I will itch it till I bleed.......

Dodge:

My sweet sweet Dodge. I think, no I know, she is going to be moved on Saturday. It is my only day off and so that is move day for her. I've already let the boarding stable know and I am so relieved to move her! The farrier is going to come out today to give her her final trim before she is moved.

I need to get her one more bath and either completely do a short clip on her mane or try to work the gross out. I think I'm just going to do a short clip. Her mane is soooooo matted. I mean, I tried to pick at it yesterday, but gave up. She almost has dreadlocks it's so bad.

I got her a new halter and also a lunge line since I won't be taking the old owners with me. I need to get a lunge whip as well. I guess soon I'll be looking at ebay for saddles and saddle pads. I was checking CraigsList the other day and will continue to do that. I think i will try her in a bitless bridle as well until I can get her teeth done and in good order.

I like bitless bridles anyway and from what I've seen of them in use, they are similar in reactions to a bitted one. I can't believe I am going to ride her! Probably not until fall though... I want her to fatten up on pasture and then worked alot on the lunge to listening before I try to ride. EEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

No comments: