Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Memphis and Buck

Memphis -

We worked on just the halter issue. I don't have an issue with it, my trainer does. I don't know if that is because she is about half a foot shorter than me or if Memphis just doesn't like her. She does not put up with crap at all from horses, so for her to have an issue is odd. I put my hand on Memphis' neck and push down and he lowers his head. He is a tall horse, so I'm thinking he is just using that to his advantage. Poor guy lives with a halter on. Oh well, it's MY horse, but its HER barn. The halter won't kill him, so I'll deal.

I have to get his hooves done... I've been waiting on her for over 6 weeks... I know she has a few issues but I can't wait anymore. The bottom of his hooves are starting to peel, it's that time. I'll call the farrier tomm and see what his schedule is. No hoof no horse. I have to have my horse.

I hope to have a nice muddy Sunday ride. That should be tons of fun!

Buck -

He is doing well. His leg is oddly swelling a little. He is licking it kinda sorta still. Joe doesn't want to get the staples out like planned but I think it's for the best. I am going to call the vet and talk to him. The wound looks healed but that tiny spot Buck keeps licking.



In other news.... I've lost about 5lbs since the beginning of Jan. That is good. I've been able to drink and eat. Good. I have to keep going. Salads, small lunches, and low cal breakfasts have been my life. Wine is a large part of my life because its 70 cal a glass. I need to cut back on the amount I'm drinking, but its still cheaper than a regular beer after 2 glasses.

No comments: