Sunday, July 1, 2012

Cole Slaw and Guiness Cake

So it's too hot to ride, too dry to set off fireworks, and well being outside sounds really really horrible. So I'm stuck in the house with a kiddo and 3 nutbag dogs. So I guess that means I'll find the time to clean and cook. Sounds about right.

I'm not going to go into tons of details about this cake other than its amazing. Here is the recipe http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/chocolate-guinness-cake-3086/

Only thing I changed is a I used plain yogurt instead of sour cream. It will work with the yogurt. Here is what mine ended up looking like:



I also made a batch of coleslaw. This recipe comes from a friends friend.

8 cups cabbage
1/3 cup sugar
3/4's cup mayo
1/2 lemon juiced
Salt
Pepper
1/4 cup condensed milk

Just shred the cabbage, mix all the other ingredients and toss. Let it sit for a little bit to meld flavors and you are in business.

BTW, there is NOTHING like coleslaw on a good pulled pork sammich...

No comments: