Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Memphis update!

I'm happy to say that Memphis is 100% feeling himself again! That was two weeks of absolute hell for me with him being sick and me not going to see him.

I went out Monday night because I had to meet my new farrier and have her give him a trim. She is a barefoot trimmer and a very nice lady at that. He hadn't been trimmed in 12 weeks. 12 WEEKS!!! What a horrible horse mom I am! But he is looking all spiffy now and I'm very thankful that that is done and off my mind.

Next up I need to worm him he is about 4 weeks overdue on that one. I was gonna do it right before he got sick but I couldn't do both worming and then try to pump him full of medicines while he was sick. I'll get him done on Sunday.

Other than that, he has been a very very good boy. The farrier was a little more trusting of positions with him than I would ever be and I did comment on that. She just replied that with some horses she is probably a little more trusting than she should be but she didn't really fear Memphis at all. Which makes sense because I don't either. He is just a big dumb horse that is awesome :D

Other than that, if all goes well, I will ride on Sunday if it's not 100 degrees outside. My limit on riding is 90F. So this heat wave thing has got to end.


No comments: