Monday, October 24, 2011

So lets talk beer...

I'm 22 weeks pregnant and all I want is a beer or a glass of wine. That is an odd thing to think about wanting but I do. The odd twist to this is I can't stand the smell of alcohol, so even if I wanted to drink a glass of wine or have a beer, I would probably vomit trying. I know, great picture in your head huh?

So bring forth nonalcoholic beers and wines. I have been trying them on and off since I got pregnant. So far, I have found two that I like. Lets go over something though.. NA red wine sucks. They all suck. Every brand sucks at making a red NA wine. I have not finished a bottle of it yet. White NA wine sucks. Also add this to the list of bottles I dumped out.

There is hope though, I found a wine called Fre. I picked up a bottle of sparkling "Brut" to try to enjoy this weekend with some friends while they were all drinking. Holy crap it is delicious. I would drink that stuff willingly even when I wasn't pregnant! It is 27% juice, which I found to be quite comical but it is crisp, fruity, and very bubbly. I actually finished that bottle in two days. It was like sparkling apple juice but crisp. Lovely.

NA beer? Buckler. That is it, hands down what it is to be. I just bought a new six pack and I should be finished with it by the time I give birth. (haha shows how much I'm going to town on these huh?)

SO there we are. These two will be my standbys for Xmas parties coming up this year. Keeping the little one from ingesting an actual drink full of alcohol and keeping momma happy. I can live with <.5% per serving of these. I'm not out to get drunk, buzzed, or giddy; I just want to enjoy the taste.

No comments: