Saturday, January 31, 2009

Crazy freaking week.....






I know, I know I never finished my dinner post. I will. Even if its a year from now....... I will. Let's talk about much cooler stuff!


So on Wends I am sitting at my house hanging out and talking to my BIL about the weather. He comments on how it would be interesting if one of the trees would fall in our backyard. I will be damned, but 20 minutes later I am talking to my sister (also about the crazy weather) when I hear what I think is people walking on the roof. I freeze kinda listening to it and thinking how weird it would be for somebody to be on our roof. Then the roof groans and boom! It sounds like a bomb is going off and the whole room that I am in shakes. I slowly get up to go into the hallway and notice fine grey particulate everywhere in the hallway. I am scared to death at this point and walk closer to the kitchen. I am breathing this stuff in! There are peices of insulation in the living room entryway from the dining room. Amongst the dust, I walk towards the dining room and notice the floor is completely covered in insulation.

From here I slowly look up and see my ceiling is gone. Completely and totally flabbergasted, I look at the destruction to my house. I am shaking at this point. Completely and totally terrified. "What if it happens again? What if it gets worse? What if I get electricuted? What if? What if? What if?" is all that ran through my mind. I call Joe not in tears, but in a very terrified shaky voice: "Joe come home now our dining room is destroyed". He immediatly came home from work. I called Joe's mom in a similar fashion to which she rushed to my aid as well.

I then called our homeowners insurance to report the claim and then stood in my living room leering into the dining room wondering what to do next. "Can we live in the house? Can we ever get it back? Can we survive somewhere else?" were all my upmost important thoughts. So, in the end here we are at my MIL's house hangining out to live for the next 2-3 weeks before comebody can get the place fixed. The tree is off the roof and it is tarped but it is still unsafe to live in the house. I am nervous and upset at the thought of not living there and just want to go home. But there is nothing to go home to at this point. I am deeply sadended.

So here are some pics...

No comments: