Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day 8...

It's getting easier. I still haven't had a drink and for me that is phenominal. Don't get me wrong, oh how I want one every now and again but caving just means I gave in to my bad side. I have until the end of this month, which is technically over 31 days when this is all said and done. I plan on buying lobsters and opening that great bottle of wine that is in my cabinet and having a wonderful dinner with my honey.

I was watching MTV last night (I know don't gasp) and they had the 'Real life' or something of that nature on there about alcoholics. Good god. I am nowhere near them! I was horrified! This girl was going to AA but continued to drink, I mean really. In the end apparently she was able to quit but still. Another girl woke up to drinking and refused to quit. What the hell? I know when I'm drinking its hard for me to picture not drinking in the near future,but I think that's because I'm drinking at the time.

This blog is turning into me not drinking which I think is just hilarious. I'm pretty sure I don't have a drinking problem but it has been interesting last week to think about giving it up completely in the future. I like it though and a good wine will always been in my thoughts. As will a good beer and a great mixed drink.

And I will go on...

Horseback riding lessons have been going good. I'm riding a good old lesson horse who I think I am learning a ton on. For a second there I felt almost stagnant in my lessons but I think thats because I insisted on riding a horse that may be out of my riding abilities for right now. I want to canter right now whereas before I was terrified. I feel in control of her too... Normally a horse runs over me because, well, I let them. Yesterday I was in control, not the horse. It was a great feeling that by the end of the lesson when I said "whoa" the horse stopped instead of using the reins. When I clucked she went, and more intensity in my voice caused her to trot. A light kick made her canter. I mean it was absolutely beautiful. It was only because I felt confident in the saddle. Otherwise I have a strong feeling it would have been just like normal lessons that I had been having.

Horseback riding has also taught me alot about myself. Normally I would have given up on this by now only out of pure frustration. Each time I show up though, I suprise myself. Be it I had a horrible lesson or I had a great one, its a new thing every single time. I'm proud of how far I have come so far and can't wait to move forward in my lessons and hope to compete soon. It has also been a haha to my muslces. My abs right now are sore. I mean, I can't do enough crunches to get my abs sore like this! My leg muscles also sorta hate me and the more I ride and learn to ride correctly, the more sore I have become. It makes sense as I am finally learning the correct seat and positions to be in for each gait. It's taken a long time but its coming together.

I have decided next week I am going to make it the best week ever. I want to go to work tomorrow and take over. Sell 5 auto policies and 2 home, that is the goal. Let me ask everyone I talk to on the phone and cross sell! Call from my lists! It's a new year, fresh slate and I have been at the new office long enough to understand what needs to happen. I am also going to talk to my boss and get some things changed. If they can't change I am going to ask for a transfer. I cannot have this held back feeling that I have felt ever since I started there.

I am also looking at lots of options for lots of stuff. I'll post more about all that later. :)

No comments: