Thursday, January 1, 2009

Alcohol less for 5 days!

I'm so excited that today is day 5 of no alcohol! I have made a pact for one month of none and so far I have been in two situations that normally I would take full advantage of yet I haven't. The first was Tuesday night when we went out with the fam for mexican. Normally, I would have 2-3 margarita's with dinner. I declined and drank water with lemon. Then there was last night, New Years Eve, where normally you drink to excess. I volunteered to drive everyone around so I would have to avoid the sauce. It worked out like a charm, I didn't even do the champagne toast!!

So, this is day five of no alcohol and you know, I broke down this morning. I was thinking about things in general; money, stress, work, life... and I just started crying. I couldn't drink to calm myself down like I normally did so I had to just cry. It felt good but it was a major kick in the teeth. I talked it out with Joe, but its amazing that a week ago I would have just grabbed a bottle of anything and had 1-3 drinks over the course of a few hours.

The no alcohol thing has also made my thinking really really clear. I wake up in the morning with a clear head. Normally it feels really cloudy and I just sorta function till I have that glass of wine with dinner. Now, I know its only been 5 days... but its amazing the change that happens in just 5 days! I'm super excited about next week already, I can't believe it. I want to hit the gym majorlly next week as I am going to get new shoes this week, so I think this will help things as well.

Then when I reflect on before I turned 21, I went to the gym 4-5 times a week, I was super healthy, and I was a A-B student. After I turned 21 and started drinking more then every day, my grades went downhill, I quit the gym, and got more depressed.Not sure what finally made me decide to stop for 30 days but I am excited to see what it looks like after this month is done. I plan on making alot of really neeto posts here lately this month because of this.

Here is to one week on Saturday!

No comments: