Monday, December 8, 2008

Stress, friend dynamic changes, and fun times

I guess I am a little stressed out. This weekend was not the greatest one yet it was all at the same time. Joe and I had one of those "realization" fights. If you don't know what I'm talking about, its the type of fight where you start off pissed and by the end you have all understood. The point has been made and everyone realizes their mistakes. I'm sooooo happy to have gotten some of that off our chest.

So is fighting in a relationship really all that normal? I would believe it is. Most of time communication is key in the relationship and most of the time calm talking works. Sometimes each of us get stubborn and then the ball starts rolling. I get frustrated, he gets frustrated, and the ball is rolling. We are fighting. Then sometimes it finishes nice, other times I'm mad for awhile. Or vise versa. I feel better when we fight sometimes, like relieved and the anger is out.

Then this weekend I noticed that our dynamics of friendship are changing. We are starting to hang out with new people. A large portion of them go to our church and are in our youth group. It's crazy to think I'm becoming this adult and starting to want to do adult things. It's not so important anymore to get drunk every weekend and stumble home. A glass of wine a night is fine. If I'm out of wine no alcohol, hard liquor is just not something to drink every night. I'm begining to upkeep my house alot more. I'm starting to care about my relationships with other people and I'm wanting to work harder at work. I just feel so effing adult. Freaking nuts.

No comments: