Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Guns, Guns, and more Guns!

Last night Joe purchased another gun. He got a Remington 700, something he has been looking at buying now for about a year. Joe is the type of person that, although he has the money for retail, he will never stoop to that level. So he is patient, more than I will ever be (why he is not in debt..) and will wait until the deal comes along. Yesterday he saved $150 off the gun and is getting $40 in rebates back for buying it for a total savings of almost $200 bucks! I would say he got a good deal on a new gun! He is also thinking of putting the scope that came on the gun on my .22 so I would have a scope instead of iron sights. I don't see the point as all I ever use the .22 for is plinking, but if it makes him happy, he can do it.

I really want to get out of debt now and know I need a second job in a bad way. I actually had a second job but I quit it as of last week. Call me selfish or whatever, but I wanted this year to be about family. Every year since I have moved to Louisville it has been shuffle the family around my work schedule; frankly, I'm sick of that. This year its going to be nice to just have a liesurely Christmas. Then in Jan, off to find a new second job again. I don't mind working two jobs, I really don't, as it gives me something to do whenever I am bored. I just do not want to work late nights anymore. I know if I give it time and patience I can find something enjoyable that I want to do as a second income.

On Saturday we are going to go rent the rentals for the wedding. It is so surreal to actually be getting married to Joe. It feels like we have just been dating forever and to get married will just change something in our relationship. I haven't pinned it to the core yet what that something will be, but I think it is highly probable that instead of mine or his it will be ours. It is a dynamic change in a stable plain that we have been walking on for years. I'm scared in a way and every inch we move closer to having a wedding is one more step that invokes fear in me.

Now do not get me wrong, I am not afraid to get married. I have been thinking that it has needed to happen forever now and I can't wait to say that we are. I want to be able to know that he will care and love me till the end of my days. I want to be able to give him that in return as well. I love him to the point its sickening sometimes, even when he hurts me (not physically) or drives me crazy. He has this way of knowning he has hurt me and making me laugh and calming me down. I can be nuts when I want to be. (gasp! women are crazy?)

I do find it funny though, in the passing years me and Joe have heard more times from other couples or single people: "I wish I/we had what you two have". When I hear that it is like a sweet compliment that just makes me warm in fuzzy inside. Then I question that, wtf are those people smoking? They haven't seen some knock down fights me and Joe have had, my irrational fits, Joe's opinionated self, and our lack to do anything sometimes. The only thing I can figure out is that me and him just "meld" together so well and people see that? I have no idea.

No comments: