Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fun weekend, Horse updates

Friday I went to the wedding I had talked about in Thursday's post. It was humbling. I at least now know how my guests are going to feel at a far away wedding. It does suck in that sense because your guests do have to travel so far to just see a freaking wedding. Then again it was a quaint chapel and a cute little reception hall. I hope it was everything they both wanted and I hope that they both stay happy for a long long time. Congrats to them both, I am past happy for them.

We went camping this weekend! Woke up Saturday and did a couple things in the morning and headed out Saturday afternoon around 1 or so. It was gorgeous! I have attached some pictures, courtesy of Josh, for your viewing enjoyment at the bottom of this whole post. I met a new "friend" of David's and am not sure if she liked us or was in culture shock. I have yet to figure that one out. I had to kill a baby rabbit this weekend as well, which I feel slightly bad about. Buck had found it god knows where and he wasn't hurting it. I think he thought it was a game. He would walk with it for a few feet and drop it, only to watch it run away so he could catch it again. Shadow though, badass that she is, decided to end the game and really hurt the poor thing. I had to put it out. :( Oh well, guess it was for the best.

Buck also somehow did a nice job in slicing a piece of his paw off somehow this weekend. He is limping pretty bad. I tried to get a rag and clean it out a little with soap and water but he screamed so bad that I quit. I filled it full of antibacterial and wrapped it up. I think he kept it on for an hour before he got it off. I'll have to clean it and reapply before I go to work in the morning. He should be able to heal from it, I really don't want to run to the vet for this, but we'll see. He is so dumb.

Tomorrow I go clean up the horse and try to feed her more food. Hopefully I can muck her stall out a little and put something down in the stall. My trainer thought she had found a lady to take her but I am wary of this lady. I mean the horse is not in riding shape and the first thing this lady asked me was if I had been on the horse. UMMMM NO. She then asked if she could come ride the horse. UMMMM NO. The lady sounded miffed at that? Why in the world would you try to ride a horse when I am telling you that it's not in good condition for life let alone riding. Geez. We'll see what happens.

And like promised, I will end this with farm pics.

NM, it won't upload them and I am feeling way too lazy to redo it. Tomorrow...

No comments: