Thursday, April 23, 2009

How to become emotionally attached to something:

1.) Have something you have wanted since childhood dangled in front of you.

2.) Know you can change it for the better.

So my horse in a previous post is being helped out right now on many levels. I've called my trainer, an owner of a polo barn, and a lady in Indiana I know that rehabilitates horses. My trainer is calling people she knows that deal with the breed and it helps that this horse is registered. In the meantime my trainer has given me some advice on stuff to do now to this very sweet pretty mare to help her get back up to health. This is at the owners ok. I have talked to the son who is more than happy to have me help and I think he sounds a little upset and relieved all at the same time. I like the owner even, she is a really nice lady, in fact I'm smiling as I type this. I'm too nice of a person I think.

My list of stuff to get for this horse:

1 MTG for the skin issues
1 Tube of wormer for the next few weeks to clean her out
1 bale of good quality hay

I am also going to see if making her hay pellets into mash don't help her put some weight back on. I am going to give her a good bath and brushing and pick out her hooves. I'm also going to clean the stall out.

I'm obviously on a mission. I will help this mare. I will hold no grudges. And a secret goal of mine would be to see the joy on the owners face when her horse is back up to speed and having a purpose again. Who knows, in three months I'll have another job to afford the board for her....

No comments: