Monday, May 11, 2009

I am really not one to post twice in a day....

But! My pretty girl stood sooooooooo well for the farrier!!!! She took it like a champ! Her feet look awesome!!!!!! I was terrified of founder, white line disease, or other hoof related ailments. But, turns out her hooves are still in great shape! He said they looked really good for as long as its been after the trim and to make sure I get some Copper something to put on the frog. I'm soo happy for my little girl! I know I know, I didn't get any pics. I digress. I will take some when I am out there on Weds.

We worked on our game today. This time sometimes she didn't get treats. I think she is getting it though. Me = good. We also worked on walking. I found that the end of the lead rope has a little cap on it. She got dinged with that at least 3 times. She is walking much better though. Who thought 2 days of working with her would work out so well!

Then Julie shows up. She has not seen the horse since I started working with her. You should have seen her amazment. It felt so good to hear that the horse looks amazing. She said it even looks like she is getting weight back on. WWWWWWOOOOOOOOTTTTTT!!! I feel so awesome after that comment.

I mean I know she has put on weight. You can tell. Between the first meet and greet and now 3 weeks later she is starting to look better. I am going to continue giving her grain. Extra hay pellets and work on 1-3 hours of grazing every time I'm there.

Love.

No comments: