Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Two posts in one day again!

I have secured the boarding stable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so freaking excited! She is ok with July and said she would much rather have me as a boarder because my horse is older. I think I mentioned that she doesn't want to take younger horses anymore. Who know's, this may turn out to be a beautiful relationship! She also wants me to wait on the teeth floating so that she can just do her horses and mine all at once in July since their due anyway. That works out fine and dandy for me.

I also have secured the Vet! June 11th she is going to come out, do a checkup, and get all the shots in order for Dodge's move. Everything is working out just like I want it to! I'm so happy! Dogde is getting to the point where she is easily handled, the vet I want is going to see her, I have a farrier that I really like, and she is going to be boarded where I want her to be. What else could be coming together more perfectly for my old mare! Now I just need to inform the old owner of all of this.

I'm also thinking of changing her feed a little. I'm not sure if I will keep her on "feed" and grain since she will be switching to all pasture in about a month. So I'm pretty sure I'll just keep feeding hay pellets, hay, and the green stuff outside. But I think I am going to pick up a bag of the high fat feed supplement as a top dress to help finish filling her out. I love my horse! I told myself I wouldn't do it... but damnit! She has just completely nuzzled her way in.

No comments: