Sunday, May 10, 2009

New pics!

I went back out yesterday to look at the girl. Torrential downpour the day before + no stall cleaning since I was out on Weds.......... that stall was gross. Took me about 1.5 hours to get it "clean". There is so much more mucking to do in that stall. Sigh. I am going to scrape the other stall and put her in that today since it is drier. Then muck/scrape the other one and rotate her back in forth. The stalls can't handle not being mucked at all!

I let her graze forever. Then the owner decided to ride her............... It was short........ about 5 minutes......... and it put a crack in her hoof. Joy. Thank god the farrier is coming out on Monday. I just cannot figure out what to think of the owner. She seems so knowledgable about the horses, yet doesn't see the problems. I just don't understand that.

Oh well, the girl is sweet and for not being ridden in about 2 years she did quite well. I also went to go check out a boarding stable. The lady was extremely nice. But the sight itself I don't know. There was one horrid horse on the way in. Which the barn owner said was 40 years old and is getting fed 5 times a day. He looked really rough. Then there was the horse in the feild with the horrid crack in its hoof. She was completely lame. Didn't even want to walk. The barn owner tried to move her in but that wasn't going to happen. Then said she'll get her after I leave................but never made mention of the mare again.

The fences were 1/2 barb and 1/2 barbless. I'm just not sure what to think really. I have a not so great feeling in my gut. I'm pretty sure gut feelings are usually the best feelings right? I'm going to another barn on Tuesday. This one is more expensive, but........... the pictures look promising. We'll see. Anywho...... updated pics.




"MMMMMMMMM Grass! This is the good stuff!!!!"

"I'm watching you because I know what is in your pockets...... those tasty apple/carrot treats..."


"Wait! You want to give me one of those!!!! EEEEEEE My life is complete!"
"By the way, that guy you keep talking about? Have him come out here soon!"

No comments: