Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I feel like ass!

So Monday I was cleaning the bathroom and getting all the nitty gritty out of the toilet and sink. (still need to scrub the tub... but that is my least favorite thing to do...) Joe comes in and starts talking to me while I'm doing it and sticks his hand up my shirt to give me a backscratch while he is talking.

Have I ever mentioned my love of backscratches?

Yes. I love them.

He then mention's casually, "Oh by the way there is a tick on your back." Like it is no big deal. It happens every day. I totally saw that 4 days ago and just never got around to getting it off. NOT.

So I begin to flip out and he is like its "ok". He gets some tweezers, yanks it out, and gives me a kiss for not being the biggest baby in the world. (even though I was.....)

So yesterday I wake up with a horrid sore throat. I mean horrid. I feel like ass. My whole body just feel exhausted, like I'm forcing myself to walk. I want to go back to bed, but forced myself into work. To which I left at 10:30........ I just felt horrible.

I knew I had to go see the horse to pick and muck the stall so I went straight there to take care of that and then went back home to retreat on the couch for the rest of the day. So that night Joe was itching my back again, did I mention I loved that? Just checking. And once again, he mentions in passing "oh look the spot where the tick bit you is really inflamed...." WTH Joe. Don't act like its a big deal or anything!

So now I'm flipping it. There is no rash... just a big red itchy bump. I immediatly get on the interwebs to research everything I can about tick bites. I have concluded one of two things: 1.) I have some sort of disease that I can't pronounce or 2.) I am having a nice allergic reaction to the bite. The symptoms started too fast to be Lyme disease which normally takes 7-30 days to show up. The allergic reaction could be from the saliva from the tick being deposited into me upon removal. Or I have the weird tick disease. I am not sure which.

I know this morning my throat is still sore and I feel like I'm on antihistamines. Like my body is really cranking them out. I don't feel quite as bad as yesterday but my back is super itchy at the bite site. So I think what I am going to do is sit on this and wait. I'll see how I feel tomorrow. I'm guessing allergy to the bite. The site of the bite did reduce in size this morning so that may be a good sign.

From here on out though, I'm picking up some of the that P repellent stuff (isn't that descriptive) and soaking my clothes in it before seeing the horse. This is insanity!

No comments: