Sunday, May 31, 2009

No pictures...

I know, I know, I keep saying that I will post pics and then never do. Today i have a good reason, Joe has the camera. ;)

Ok so I'm 25 right? Not quite mature enough for the best reasoning ability ever but just quite dumb enough to take a stupid risk. And do I ever take them ;)

So, Friday I mucked, groomed, and lunged Dodge. We also had a small "coming to god" moment. Upon lunging she decided in mid-canter that she was going into her stall and so she bolted. Right into her stall. What a bitch. That's fine, thats fine. I followed her ass into the stall next to hers for safety in case she threw a tantrum and bumped her with the lunge whip. She was NOT being hit with it. I was just bumping her with it. Her ears are all pinned back, she's all pissed off, snorting at me, stomping her foot. She then decided that its would probably be a good idea to go back out of the stall after my voice went really gruff.

We then picked up where we left off like nothing at all had happened. Which I feel was probably the best thing I could have done. She got out of the stall, there is no need to reprimand at that point, she's already done what I asked her to do. I feel I would have confused her if I did continue to be mean to her and the whatnottery.

I then bridled her, because that's my weak point and I just want to work with her on that. And walked her all around. Removed the bridle and got a wild hair up my ass to get on her back. All I had was a lead rope.

Did I mention I'm 25?

Did I mention I take stupid risks?

Did I mention that desicions that I make are not always the best?

Well we sat there for a minute and I gave her a small cluck. She walked! I then immediatly said whoah and got off.

So today we repeated Friday's steps except I left the bridle on and rode her with the reins. HOLY SHIT SHE HAS SOME WIERD ASS GAITS. I left it at walk in trot since I didn't have a saddle to ride in. Well I do, but I didn't feel like dragging it out. We stopped the ride after about 5 minutes. She was starting to get frustrated with me I think just telling her what to do so I asked her to walk then stop and hopped off. I'm trying ot reward her with doing the right thing by stopping everything I ask her to do when she does what I ask her to do. It seems to be working and she seems to trust me.

Gosh she is too effing cute! How did I end up with something so awesome!

I love her.

No comments: