Sunday, May 24, 2009

Oh Horse

So Friday I went to see Dodge. I show up and she is in the gross stall, the one I am trying to keep her out of. I'm like wtf? Look in the stall I like and what do I see? Oh she took a crap in her water trough! Oh Horse. So I had to drain it, pull it out, clean it all out again, and fill it back up. I just did that on Tuesday! Shoot me! Oh well, all s well.

Yesterday me and Joe went to go take our CCDW tests! We passed! Now we have to wait a million years for the state to send us our notification that we can carry, but for the moment we have the first step down. I'm so excited!

Then Joe's younger brother called............. and I sayed up till 3 am just partying with those two and the friends that showed up. I think Joe was up till 5am. Freaking insanity!!

Went to see Dodge again today. She stands very nicely for grooming and she gets lots of treats and love. Joe helped groom her as well, well as much as he could. I also found quite a few ticks on her so I am going to have to start looking into tick products as well. She had the lone star ticks on her which are known to carry Lyme disease. So I am going to have to watch her and myself for these little critters.

Spoke to the vet on Thursday about her and the earliest the vet can get out is mid June. Frustrating, but I want her as Dodge's vet so I will have to wait to move Dodge till July now. Sigh. It's ok though, I'm waiting on my background check to come through on my second job so I should be better off then anyway. So it's not exactly a bad thing.

Also need to check and see if the feed store is open tomorrow. I need to get the horse some more hay pellets and get the dogs some dog food. All the while trying to resist the cute little chickens. Must resist chickens.

Resist!

Dodge also stepped on me today. It was a total accident but oh my god did it hurt. I had already a bum toe and she made it even more bum. She ripped off the scab on the toe too so that hurts even more. Oh horses.

No comments: